He found some razor head refills in a drawer once - probably early April. The razors are in individual plastic containers with a plastic pull off lid. The lids require fine motor skills and finger strength, but Dallas still got it off. It wasn't long before he cut himself on the razor. My sister, Karma, was over that weekend and she noticed he had the razor first and took it from him. She also noticed the blood first. He had just done a few little cuts on the tip of a finger but, as razor cuts do, they were bleeding a lot.
Dallas wouldn't keep a bandaid on, or a bandaid reinforced with packing tape, or a wad of toilet paper plastered to his hand with packing tape. So we pulled out the big guns.
Yes that is right: a wad of toliet paper, held down by packing tape, wrapped in an ace bandage with his sleeve pulled up over most of his hand. Good luck with THAT one Dallas.
I know this second pictue doesn't show anything new but I LOVE this kid's smile (his bottom canine teeth have grown in since this too).He had it off when he walked back into the room less than 5 minutes later.
We finally did childproof our cabinets about a month ago.
4 comments:
Adalyn has an affinity toward razors as well. I found her sucking on the blade of one once, but luckily no cuts!!! I don't know how I was so lucky! I swear, all you have to do is turn your back for two seconds and....
Awesome - I could guess the end of the story before you got there.
He's extremely cute!
I was there too..... I was just on the computer.
How did I miss this? I laughed all the way through this story - hilarious.
I have a pic of Nyah's face wrapped in an ace bandage somewhere. It started as an ice pack to a bump that she wouldn't let stay on her head and progressed to a full head wrap...
We have yet to childproof anything here, which has resulted more in messes (i.e. Nyah deciding to paint her fingernails and dousing our cream-colored carpet with black polish) than in injuries.
Post a Comment