
These next pictures were taken just today. While Chelane only has two bottom teeth she handles solid food admirably. She has no problem with graham crackers or cheerios and, since a lot of her baby food has been fruit or vegetables mashed with a fork, she has had a steep learning curve.
Today I got home from work and she was just waking up. She had fallen asleep before lunch and hadn't had her second solid food meal yet. You could tell. She was pretty whiney. I decided to get her a banana. While I was getting the banana ready I was also trying to get Dallas ready to go outside and failing to convince Jadon to go outside with Dallas, so Chelane got a few crackers while she was waiting... then a few more. I think she ended up eating an entire graham cracker before her bananas were ready.
I only mushed up half a banana at first. She gobbled it down. I didn't particularly feel like mushing up the other half and feeding it to Chelane, plus I had other things I needed to get to, so I broke up part of the remaining banana (have you ever noticed that bananas naturally break into thirds?) and put it on her tray thinking "that will keep you busy for a while." It didn't. It was only three pieces the first time so I broke up the rest of the banana (about nine pieces) and left her again. Before I knew it she was done again with banana evidence all over her face.
You can't see much on this first one, but it shows Chelane with her "normal" coloring. Once I got closer to Chelane the pictures became really yellow/orange. Don't worry it is just the camera, she does not hace jundice.

You can see the mushy banana pieces. The things that look like they are sores or zits for something are graham cracker remenants.

Such a happy face. A little drooly. And you have to love that banana on her onsie...

I think this one is my favorite. You can't see much of the mess but she is SOOOO cute (but I am bias, I know).

Cam has also imformed me that she is getting into crawling positions! She is growing up so fast!
2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe she's eating solid foods and getting ready to crawl already! How do they grow so quickly?!
Miss you guys. We need to plan a get-together soon.
she's so cute. i can't wait to see her again. i'll be passing through on the way home at the end of the semester. which is the end of july. i'd love to see you guys.
Post a Comment