Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Moving to Utah

Well I got a job offer and just signed the paperwork to accept it today. The job is at a middle charter school in Ogden, Utah just a couple miles from Weber State University, the school Cam will be attending in the fall.

I am very excited about the job (and it is very needed to keep my teaching license valid as it would expire next June). It also gives Cam residency and therefore in-state tuition (yipee!). However, this school starts earlier than most (teacher prep days start August 9th, the actual school year August 16th) and Cam doesn't finish his classes next semester until August 12th... We will have to figure something out with that, but we have a few months to get it nailed down.

So we will be moving to Ogden, Utah in August for a few years. Feels like everything is working out for us!

4 comments:

lilibet said...

Congratulations! That must feel great.

Quinae said...

Hurray! What a relief. You guys deserve it!

Rachael said...

Yay!!! When we moved to WSU Michael was still in classes for another week or two at his old school but his professors let him work it out.

Tony and Whitney said...

Don't know you, but saw the blog while I was blog surfing. Congrats on the job from a fellow secondary teacher and mom. This was my 10th year teaching, but first as a mom. It worked out just fine. Actually better than I assumed. Good luck!