I am getting a little antsy about the move and the up-coming teaching job. A few justification for this feeling:
We still have no housing nailed down. We did submit an application today (we got to fax 18 pages to Utah, so fun), so barring something the apartment complex doesn't like (such as the lack of money in the bank or the our inconsistent employment for the last 18 months), early next week, we will have an apartment reserved for us .
We haven't finished packing yet. I feel what is left can't be packed until the last minute, it being clothes, some toys, and toiletries. And I am sure that will come back to bite me.
On the job front, I still have no idea what subject I will be teaching. Well, duh, it will be math, but there are many subcategories there, and Algebra is very different from basic math or geometry or... you get the picture.
I will not be able to be at the school (to prep my room, meet any teachers, etc.) until the start of the teacher preparation week. And I just got the schedule for previously mentioned week, and it is a doozy. On top of all that, it appears I will be working a few evenings that week; student orientation and all that.
Don't let me fool you, I am still very tickled that: I HAVE a job (doing something I love to boot), we will have money, Cam will be able to go to school, and we don't have to put the kids in child-care to do any of it.
I need to find a way to keep this positive attitude going because I KNOW sooner or later (and my bet is "sooner") the stress will get the best of me...
Oh, the apartment is not 3 blocks from a Costa Vida... can I tell you how happy this makes me? Too late, I already told you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment