Thursday, November 15, 2007

Four more weeks!

Student teaching is going well for the most part. The biggest struggle is management, but my university adviser assures me that that is the biggest problem for most student teachers. There is more weight when you are their permanent teacher. Other than that (and discipline is really only an issue in one of the five classes I teach) it is fun and I learn a lot by actually teaching and watching my co-op teacher. Today my co-op was at a meeting at eh high school so in addition to the algebra classes I normally teach, I was able to teach geometry and algebra 2. I has taught geometry once before and never the algebra 2 class, but it all went well. The day was very busy and I had to wing a bit of the lessons (I know, great start to my teaching career isn't it?) but it gave me a "I can defiantly do this" sort of feeling.

While teaching is being fun I am looking forward to being done and spending some quality time with Dallas again.

No comments: