Friday, July 25, 2008

Being Bored

So Cam has worked at least 10 hour days so far this week. Monday was 11.5, Tuesday and Wednesday were 11, and yesterday was a little over 10. He leaves at 6:15 am (before Dallas or I wake up) and gets home between 6:30 and 7:30 pm, depending on how long his day is. Dallas usually goes to bed around 8 or 8:30 pm.

I am happy about the extra money that will come next pay check, but I am not so thrilled about Cam not being around and him not being able to spend much time with Dallas. Also next week Dallas and I are going up to Washington so we won't see Cam at all then either *sigh*

I have gotten used to Cam being home at 4:30 pm that I don't know quite what to do with myself in the evening when he isn't here and the days seem so long.

Cam had been moved to a retirement and estates team a while ago (without any pay change or option to say "no" really) and it has been taxing on him. I think dealing with dead people and sometimes emotional family members all day would do that to anyone. This week though he is covering or someone covering for someone else at a training session. He answers questions and take escalated calls (if any) from the new employees. He only take retirement calls if the queue is overly full. He commented that his 11 hour days this week have seemed shorter than his 8 hour regular days. He keeps applying for anything that opens up, so hopefully something will catch and he can move to a better paying, less stressful position.

No comments: