Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beds and Things


Well here is a picture of the top of Chelane's quilt, the colors are a bit more vivid in person. We went to Wal*mart and perused their $1 a yard shelf and since it only takes about 3/4 of a yard per pattern, this was a pretty cheap quilt. Plus I love the colors. I wasn't too sure about it at first, I was pulling out lots of bolts and laying them next to each other while Cam did some other shopping. I had been looking at the possible combinations for too long so I made Cam - I mean gave Cam the privilege of making the final decision. I am glad I did! He seems to pick good combinations.

We got Dallas a twin mattress a few weeks ago. It sits on the floor in his room and he adjusted with no problem. The first week/week-and-a-half he would get out of bed and fall asleep on the
floor and he even fell out of the bed a few times (luckily the mattress is on the floor so it is a 6" fall).


We would find him like this on the floor more often than not and move him gently back into his bed. After the first week/week-and-a-half though he is getting the hang of falling asleep in bed. It is still obvious that he isn't necessarily falling asleep right away every time (there will be clothes or toys moved around) but he is making it back to his bed when he decides he wants to sleep. I am happy he is able to make the decision more for himself now. And he seems to like it too.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Kassie: I really like your quilt top! The colors really work well together. Are you going to tie it? Can't wait to see you! Take care!

Me said...

Wow, Adalyn's still in a crib - and probably will be until she's 12, at the rate we're going.

Christine said...

Oh Kassie, this brings back so many memories - Dallas on the floor. I didn't have quite the same situation with my boys, but just the way he's sleeping...it brings tears to my eyes. They grow up WAY too fast.

Your quilt is beautiful. That is definitely one of those things I have never been, and probably will never be, able to do. I'm impressed though. :)