Now-a-days he is still a go-er and do-er with one exception: books. He really loves books. And he sits still to look at them. Naptime and bedtime, better known as "quiet time" around these parts, always includes books for Dallas to look at, and often me reading to him as well. His taste is leaning towards longer and longer books.
The other day I read him Pooh's Heffalump Movie Book word-for-word and asked him questions about the pictures ("Who is hiding?" "How is Tigger feeling?") making the book take close to fifteen minutes. He wasn't the slightest bit ansy, even at the end. If you have had the pleasure of experiencing Dallas first-hand, you know him sitting still that long is a pretty big deal.
I hope when I check on him at night in the future I will be greeted by more scenes like this.
1 comment:
that is so awesome! i, on the other hand have been experiencing the opposite. walter used to LOVE to be read to, entire strings of entire books, but now i can only get him in little snatches, and he's usually interested in going to his fave page and telling ME what the words for things are. i've decided that he is just SO VERY intent on learning all the words for things and practicing that he doesn't have time for stories. so i'm just trying to roll with it. hopefully someday soon, he'll discover what dallas discovered!
Post a Comment