Sunday, September 27, 2009

AHA!

Ok so I figured out (sorta) why it wasn't letting me cut and paste yesterday (or whenever I last posted) so here is what I had written:

Dallas has been enjoying that almost constant companionship of his 4 year-old cousin, Braycen. Both of Braycen's parents work so he spend his days around Nana and Papa's house with us.Dallas has mastered the word "Brace."

He is enjoying palying outside on the trampoline, reading his leapfrog books and Jadon gave to him, going on walks, and watching the retro-cartoon channel (things like GI Joe and Fragglerock). It is nice to let him go outside and not have to worry about cars. I am learning very quickly about outside play-clothes, inside play-clothes,and nice clothes. Dallas is also sleeping on the top bunk of a bunk bed and isn't having any problems (it does have built-in rails on it).

I discovered Chelane is completely NOT adequatly outfitted for the cooler weather or being outside. At night and when she is outside (she likes being on the trampoline with the boys) She typically has babylegs on her arms and legs under her pants and coat. We only have one blanket sleeper for her current size (I think we are planning on doing a little clothes shopping now that Cam got his first check) so when it is dirty we put her in her cotton PJ's with leg warmers on her legs and arms as well. She is still happy as can be and climbing up on furniture and cruising (walking while holding onto furniture) there doesn't seem to be much progression towards walking alone, but we will see. She loves eating peas from the garden, playing with the big kids, cuddling, and making messes.

Cam got a temporary job that started the Wednesday after Labor Day. A man in the ward has a construction bursiness and due to college semesters starting and students leaving, he had some openings. For the last two weeks Cam has been working 11-15 hour days (mostly around 11-12) and making $20 an hour plus a lot of time-and-a-half. We know he will have work through tomorrow (Saturday), but nothing is definite after that.

Luckily he will make enough in those three weeks to have us set for a few months of car payments and other bills. Cam doesn't seem to mind the work or the long days (except yesterday went so long, he was out of the house before the kds got up, which is normal, but didn't get back until they were in bed so he missed the kids).

I made and canned some applesauce with apples from a friend's trees, have dug up potatoes and picked beans, and helped in the garden (I need to apologize to Dad here for not helping him that much in his garden this year). We went and saw "UP" again in the local theater last Tuesday and have spent a little time around town. So far it has been a good experience.

I will try to keep this blog updated fairly consistantly. There is only dial-up at Cam's parents' which makes the blogs take 5 minutes to load so I don't get on the internet too often. I have taken pictures but have no computer to put them on, so be prepared for a slough of pictures soon (which included a squeeky clean nekkid Dallas in the garden).

3 comments:

Me said...

For some reason it seems like we are infinitely farther from you now that you guys are in Kuh-nay-dee-uh, even though its not like we were able to visit you much when you were in Seattle anyway.

Jen said...

Miss you guys, but glad to hear everything is going well so far. LOVES!

Christine said...

Ok, so now that I have come up for air in my own life and realized that you moved without me even knowing (because I wasn't reading blogs or talking to any real people), I will tell you that I am SO SAD for me (and Jordan said, THEY DID WHAT????), but I am very, very happy for you. It's good to hear that you are doing well - it sounds like it's a great fit for your children too and that everything is falling into place. Don't be a stranger though and I'll try to be better at the bloggie thing and keep in touch with you too.

Please say hi to Cam for me and for Jordan - we love you guys and are happy for the little bit of time we did get to spend with you.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures! :)