So just to let everyone know that won't hear about it right away: Cam, the kids, and I are moving up to Vanderhoof tomorrow. We will be back later to get all our stuff from Mom and Dad's and we will be back for Christmas. There are job opportunities up there that would put it in a better situation (and I would like to live in the smaller-town sorta area anyway).
Well try to think/pray good thoughts for us rather than "man I hope they don't find anything so they have to come back to Washington with absolutely no employment"... I am sure no one is thinking the "... with absolutely no employment" part but that would be the reality of it since I resigned my post in the Auburn district.
Anyway, we aren't gone forever. I don't know if I will be able to post much up there since we will be staying with Cam's parents to start off with (which should only be for a few weeks, yes I know that is what I said about staying with my parents back in December) and his parents don't have great internet. I did do two other post before this (the 30th of August and the 1st of September) about the kids and things (before we knew we were going to move, yes it all really was that sudden) so please check those out.
Oh and Cam and I pulled all the little bushes around Mom and Dad's driveway on Thursday using a shovel and that heavy iron pole Dad has. I have nice blisters to prove it (because I was stupid and didn't use gloves, Cam used gloves and his hands are still as soft as a baby's bottom...) Dallas and Jadon were playing catch while the bushes were meeting their end (Dallas fished Cam's two old baseball gloves out of the garage and held one open with both hands in front of his chest and Jay tossed the ball into it... I am not sure how long that one lasted though). After the bushes were out Cam proceeded to play baseball with Jadon.
Today we went to a park and then to the children's museum in factoria (it is free from 5-8pm every Friday) which I HIGHLY reccommend, we will definitely take the time to go back there when we are in the area. Dallas and Chelane have had a good last few days playing with Jadon and the grandparents.
5 comments:
where are the job opportunities at?
Where is vanderhoof? Good luck with the move! and with the job hunting! You've got two very cute kids there, and you are such a great family and you have such a great family, I know that things will turn out good for you guys. Have patience! And I will keep you in my prayerthoughts and my thoughprayers!
Hope all is going well. We hope you find work and that things work out as you would like. The house is sooooooo quiet. I miss the patter of little feet. I miss the feet! Please keep us posted as you can - text me. Love you all.
I just google mapped Vanderhoof. I was figuring maybe three or four hours up into canada but more than 11! :( Well, I hope you guys like it there, and you can find all the jobs and happiness that you want, and that when I finally find a way back to Washington, you'll be ready to move back again, too. :)
I heard rumors of this and didn't want to believe it to be true. :(
However, I am so happy for you and I really hope and pray that you find great jobs, really fit in well there if you are meant to stay and that you keep in touch with me. We'll miss you - MUCH!!!
Post a Comment