I was talking to my sister in-law and part of the conversation went something like this:
Me: "Well I will still be working those three days before Christmas so it would be nice to be close to home."
Sister in-law: "Wait, you have a job?"
Me: "Yeah I got it pretty suddenly about a week ago..."
At that moment it dawned on me that no one (expect the people I live with and the recipient of that phone conversation) know my happy news about no longer being unemployed. The job is at Mathnasium (you can google it if you are curious) which is a math-only tutoring place. I went in for an interview that turned into a math competency test, an interview, and some tutoring practice (the half hour I was planning on turned into nearly two). I got a call a little over a week later asking if I could start that day. That was last Tuesday.
The job is fun but the pay isn't stellar. However, I get raises as I finish their training program and as they see progress in my abilities. Hopefully that will be a pretty big raise, but if not the people I work with are fun, the job is enjoyable, it will look good on my resume, the hours work well with Cam's class schedule, and it is five minutes from home. And it is some financial stability so I am not stressed which Cam appreciates.
Now the more exciting stuff:
In the last week Chelane passed the line of "preferring to crawl" over into "preferring to walk." She can be seem waddling everywhere she goes now, rarely resorting to crawling.
In the last week or so she has reminded us that she is on her way to being two; vehemently expressing her opinions and complaining when things aren't to her liking; I am already worrying about her as a teenager.
Since Monday she has insisted on drinking liquids from a cup without aid of a sippy-top, straw, or a mommy/daddy helping out. Yep, she takes the cup from you puts it to her own mouth, tilts it by herself, and drinks. She gets quite annoyed with you if you try to help her. Cam and I are a little floored by this since she seems to be on par with Dallas' mastery of this skill.
In the last week she has increased her signs from one (her hand moving to her mouth to mean "drink", "food", and/or "binki") to "food/eat", "drink", "please", and "more". She is putting a "buh" sound with waving bye-bye.
Dallas said, "Mom watch this" to me at lunch and proceeded to do some silly dance while shaking his head. He is talking more and more; attempting more and more words and repeating things he hears you say.
We tried playing a memory-type game with him a few weeks ago. He caught onto the order you turn things over in and how to wait and take turns. Playing games is now when of his favorite things to do.
1 comment:
I wonder how often the younger siblings catch onto things faster just because they've been watching and admiring their older siblings doing them? I bet that's why she's caught onto the cup drinking. I wish Walter had an older sibling sometimes! But you gotta start somewhere I guess! And isn't the signing just so fun? I'm SO glad I made the effort to do it and plan to do it with all future kidlings!
Post a Comment