Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some of Dallas' Favorite Things

This is a bit of a compilation of pictures of Dallas over the month of September and some in late August. He definitely has his own preferences and personality. It is very fun to see them develop.

One of the first things he is liking is using the stairs instead of the couch. I guess it is because he doesn't have to climb on anything (so long as he uses the first step). He will lay on it while watching TV and if we give him a snack to eat outside of his booster seat (dry cereal or something like that) many times he will plant himself on the step to eat it. Also with the aid of the 2nd stair he can reach a light switch - the only light switch he can reach in the house.

Stairs aren't the only thing he likes to sit in... Any box or basket that he can fit in, or if he can empty out one of his drawers, he will happily take up residence for a time. But I guess most kids are like that. (Karma took this picture, I am not sure what is up that face...).

Since we moved Dallas into a twin sized mattress that just sits on the floor in his room, he has started to enjoy looking at books and playing with small toys while in bed. One night Cam and I put him in bed, said good night and went about our activities. I walked back in (probably only 5 minutes after we put him down) to see how he was doing (I normally don't do that), but I am glad I did. I came into the room to this sight and ran downstairs to grab a camera and tell Cam to come have a look.

Dallas has had a bit of the hat fetish lately. He fished out his sun hat from this summer (that is already getting noticeably too small for him) and his winter beanie from his closet. Depending on his mood he will put one or the other on and wear it while he roams around the house.

While at Wal*mart last night we past a display of cheap, children's cowboy hats. Cam and I decided to see what Dallas would think of a cowboy hat (since he seemed to love the straw hats at Grandma and Grandpa's while he was there in July). Well he picked the red one over the black one and immediately put it on. We weren't necessarily intending to buy it, but he didn't take it off until we were home (even in the car where the hat was smashed between his head and the back of his car seat). Well it seems like a good buy, Dallas really likes the hat and now he has a hat that is a "toy" and that he can grow into (it is pretty big on his head still).

2 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, now I miss him! What a cutie - those pics are priceless.

Me said...

He's turning into such a little man - I wish Adalyn would poke her nose in a book a little more often.