I didn't expect to be waiting until my due date with this pregnancy, but it looks like that is where I am headed. Dallas came over 2 weeks early so I just assumed that would happen again, but here I am 8 days from the due date and nothing. Cam is looking forward to his daughter, not only to have another baby but also to take some time off of stressfull work.
Also Cam is applying for a position within E*Trade at a new office they are opening in Portland. It is the same position we have been waiting to open in the Seattle office, but this will at least get us out of the desert at considerably closer to family. He has an interview on Wednesday and the position would start October 20th (when Cam first told me about the position I thought they would *maybe* be filling it by around Christmas... this would be happening a lot quicker than that).
Dallas started saying some more words. He has "yes" ("ya-ya" in a very happy (and high) voice), "no" (complete with head shaking), juice ("oo-s" along with the sign), and cereal (sounds a lot like his juice but he is signing cereal along with it), and "uh-oh" that I have only heard a few times. His understanding of words has ballooned and he is starting to obey better (and at the same time be more defiant). Cam and I are looking forward to his verbal skills taking off.
3 comments:
Oh, I'm totally praying for the Portland job to work out! I know it's not next door like I'd REALLY love, but a 3 hour drive is totally doable - we could come see you pretty much any weekend! OK, now I'm REALLY going to have to try not to get my hopes up...
Let us know how the interview goes!
Also, I know the last 2 weeks of pregnancy are SOOOO uncomfortable, but there is a reason that the incubation period is 40 weeks - so much brain and lung development happens during those last 14 days. Your little girl is just staying put until she's strong and ready enough to do things on her own - just keep telling yourself that. You've made such a good home for her she's probably enjoying it as long as she can.
And FWIW, unless you're high risk, most doctors worth anything won't start pushing induction until you're nearing the 42-week mark. At least mine didn't with Nyah, and she was born at 41weeks 2days without any 'help'. (Aislynne was born at 40 weeks 3days - I'm guessing your little bundle will make her appearance right around her due date, too.)
I'm so excited for you for both reasons. I spent most of my life in the Portland area so I have a soft spot for that city. It would be so nice to have you closer - maybe I'd get to see you a bit more than just a fleeting glance in my driveway. =)
It's funny how your kids never do what you expect them to do. It never changes, even as they get older. I was having contractions so early that everyone told me I would have my kids early. Therefore, I expected this. Jordan was born 4 days late, Caleb 3 days and Micah 2 days. Funny huh? I told Steve we need two more kids so I can get it right (he didn't fall for that one).
I agree with Jen though - while those last few weeks can be tough and uncomfortable, it is best to go full-term.
I'll be thinking of and praying for an easy and safe delivery for your little girl. Also that these last few weeks with just you and Dallas will be especially sweet as you're still able to give him your undivided attention for just a little while longer.
Oh I know going to term (or past) is best. Dallas was over 7lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long when he came out (on his own) over 2.5 weeks early. This one just wants to take her time and I am fine with that.
I AM TRYING SOOOO HARD NOT TO GET MY HOPES UP! Cam has been applying to pretty much any pay increase position that has opened up in the last 3 months and not gotten any of them, so I am hoping this one will be it. Also it is prime time to move... We had to move 5 days after Dallas was born and this would be within a month of Chelane's birth so it would be keeping with the pattern. Ah, anyway when you get me talking about this stuff I start to ramble...
Post a Comment