Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"She's Perfect"

... At least that is what the doctor said at her 2 week check-up today. Ok, ok he actually said, "She looks perfect." Yeah I know that is a slight difference.

She seems to have grown a quarter inch (up to a whoopin' 20.25" now) and they weighed her at 7lbs 10oz (she was 7lbs 1 oz at birth). I do have to enter a caveot here, she had her diaper on when they weighed her and since I use cloth diapers it added a bit more than a huggies would have. However, the docter and I agreed that the diaper wasn't adding 10oz, more like 5 or 6, and therefore she was still up to (and a little past) her birth weight. So I can breathe easy, it looks like the kid knows what she is doing as far as nursing goes!

Sorry, no cute picture to put with this one... I'll try harder next time.

4 comments:

Jen said...

OF COURSE SHE'S PERFECT! Just look at her!

So glad to hear the nursing is going well. I've found myself entertaining thoughts lately of having a third child just to get it right (third time's a charm, eh?) But that would be about the only reason.

Any word on Portland? I know, I'm a pest.

Kassie said...

Well as far as Portland goes they have filled 3 of the 4 positions. Number 3 was filled on Monday with a guy that works in Cam's office. The position starts next Monday so they need to fill the 4th spot by Friday (at least you would think that).

If he doesn't get the position we will probably end up in Seattle area soon anyway. Cam is thinking of going back to school and I think he will start out at GRCC or something and work part-time. We need to look into student loans, health insurance, and making sure we can pay our car payment though before that happens, and we are waiting on Portland before diving into that too deeply.

I could go back to work too but nursing is going so well that I don't want to! I know that is lame, but if that will help pay bills and get us health insurance I may teach for a little while or work somewhere else (is Boeing hiring?)

Christine said...

GRCC!!!!! That's just up the street. There are houses in our neighborhood you know! =) How great would THAT be?

Am I getting ahead of myself?

Oh and back on topic - she is adorably perfect. You make good kids!

Kassie said...

Well we would have to be able to afford the house first...