Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Beauty Marks

Monday afternoon I fell asleep in bed while holding Chelane. Dallas was watching a movie so I think I subconsciously thought that he would be fine. Well he got a hold of a big, fat, permanent, sharpie marker and drew all over the TV stand. Luckily through some rubbing alcohol and very fine sandpaper you can't even tell anymore (just some gray discoloration in the wood grain once and a while). Obviously I didn't learn my lesson. Yesterday Dallas got ahold of the same sharpie marker (that I conviently put back right in the same place he nicked it from in the first place) and this time decided to improve his face...


A few hours later while changing his diaper I noticed some other work...


Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame, on me. So the marker now resides on the top shelf of our hall closet. I am just very happy he didn't take the marker to the walls or doors or computer or TV screen or... You get the picture.

Also I have been doing a tiny bit of packing in preparation of the move coming up. (I have applied with the Kent School District to be a part-time literacy para-educator at Sunrise Elementary, keep your fingers crossed for me). I repacked some baby clothes into smaller boxes to keep them separated by size, and therefore had a large empty box that Dallas decided to take up residency in.


He fits quite comfortably in there. Anyone want a Dallas for Christmas? Just pay shipping.

Chelane is getting very large. She doesn't fit into newborn size anymore. I am up a diaper size as well and she will coo at me if I talk to her. I can't believe she is getting close to 2 months already (she hit 6 weeks yesterday). Man how time flies.

I am not sure when these pictures were taken (my camera wants to date them at Sept 22 and Oct 5... hmmm something about that doesn't seem right). After looking at the date it gave for the other pictures of Dallas, I surmised that it is a month behind.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, she's getting her face! (You know, getting to the point where they start really looking like themselves instead of previously-squooshed up newborn.)

FWIW, Nyah has had SEVERAL episodes involving marker. I have yet to find marks on anything other than her own person, which is fortunate for me... though I can't help but wonder if this is some indication of her future career path as a tattoo artist?

Crossing my fingers for Sunrise. That would be awesome!

Tara said...

Markers are evil!

Christine said...

Kids are magnets for permanent markers! What is that all about?

And honestly, every one of my boys has loved sitting in a box...it's part of a kid's nature. I'm sure you know by now that you don't actually have to buy Christmas presents for your children at that age, just wrap up a box for them to play with. You can spend the money on a toy to put inside it, but I guarantee the box will win.

Mary said...

Sunrise would be sweet.