Friday, November 14, 2008

Smiles?

Today after a brunch sort of meal at ten consisting of pancakes, Cam brought Chelane upstairs and put her on our bed. She was just laying there wide awake and as content as can be. I leaned over her and started talking and smiling and, could it be? She was smiling back at me? Yes those were smiles, big, wide-open mouth smiles and cute closed mouth happy lips, and she kept them going while I was talking to her. I yelled for Cam to come in the room and look at this amazing feat. She of course stopped by the time he got in there but Cam confirmed that she had been giving him big smiles a few moments ago when he extracted her from the baby swing downstairs ...

So could it be my little baby is smiling socially already? She is barely 6 weeks old?! I don't remember the particulars of Dallas starting to socially smile but I DO know that the first time I caught a picture of it was March 9th and I vaguely remember him starting the social smiling just a few days, week tops, before then... December 21st to March 9th would be more like 10 weeks... this just seems early for smiles. She seems to be growing up so much faster than Dallas was. I can't believe we have passed 6 weeks already.

3 comments:

Jen said...

This post is worthless without pics.

Both my girls were early smilers. Everyone says "it's just gas," but I knew better. I vote that she was smiling.

Kassie said...

Sorry, I can't seem to get a picture when she is smiling...

junebugsgrandma said...

we can't wait to have you become washingtonian, so hurry-up and bring thoes cute babies up here. Noting top the list of greats, like a big open mouth, toothless, sweet smile. It makes your day!
See ya soon. Aunt Punky