It is one of my favorite books. For those of you that don't know much about it here is the jist. It talks about the Ebola virus, a disease related loosely to HIV that attacks blood cells and turns your insides to mush through massive hemorrhaging. The "Hot Zone" refers to the area in Africa it is thought to originate (I think).
Well our house is a pretty bad Hot Zone right now. We had my mom, dad, little brother, little sister, and one of my older sisters at our house for Thanksgiving (we more than doubled our "family" size that week, it was so fun!). Sunday after Thanksgiving (right before everyone was going home) my little sister woke up feeling very weak and sick. Monday morning Dallas woke up at 5am throwing up. Monday afternoon Cam came home from work early with a sore throat.
I was thinking Chelane and I were going to skip out on the sickness altogether until Thursday afternoon when I started on a sore throat. Friday I woke up with a fever, body aches, absolutely zero energy, a HUGE headache, and the inability to keep myself warm. When Cam got home I went to bed for a little bit and apparently broke my fever. When I woke up I felt like I had much more energy, but still a massive headache. My body was also quite weak from not feeding myself that day. I took some ibprophen that night (without consulting a physician, bad me) to try to stem the headache and lower backache I had so that I could sleep easier (and sit or lay down without my back protesting). I am happy to say that today I am feeling much better (although the sore throat is still around, but I can deal with that).
Cam has pretty much had an off-and-on mild sore throat all week. Dallas didn't throw up after Monday morning (he really only threw up once) but started on a runny nose Tuesday and now that that has eased up he has a pretty nasty cough. Chlane has still stayed all but immune. She sounds like she has a little of it (her nose is a little cloggy and she coughs once and a while) but, other than those mild symptoms, she seems great. I would happily take another day of the fever from h-e-double-hockey-sticks if it meant Chelane didn't get sick.
I started a few packing projects on Friday and Thursday that I obviously didn't finish on Friday so the house is also a complete mess. So maybe "Hot Zone" isn't the correct term to use... maybe something more like "War zone where biological weapons were used"...
1 comment:
Dad has been sick all week, too. So far Jadon and I have escaped it (knock on wood). Dad blames that last hug with Karma, but then I think he would rather have the cold and the hug, than not to have had the hug! Hope you are feeling better soon! (I texted Kelli yesterday and she was sick, too. seems like it made the rounds!)
Post a Comment