Saturday, December 20, 2008

We Lived!

The trip wasn't bad at all. The worst part was driving through Salt Lake City on the freeway going about 40 mph at about 2pm Friday afternoon through falling snow and bad visiblility. The Oregon blues and even Snoqualmie Pass barely required us to reduce speed and there was no falling snow anywhere else along the way until we entered Kent and little flurries started falling. We arrived at my parent's house just as the snow picked up. Thank you all for the prayers for the weather. Cam arrived in the moving truck an hour or so after us, he still had a fine drive until he got down from the pass and into the valley where the snow was falling. It took him a little longer the tranverse the road after he got off the freeway, but he too arrived without incident. I am sure I will post more later, but I am pretty tired and my bum hurts (tmi? I took the whole trip in the back seat between the two car seats).

Anyway, thanks again and we did all arrive safe.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so happy you made it safe. I actually thought of you many times yesterday. Thankfully, the snow didn't really come down until the evening.

Anyway, glad you're home. :)

Jen said...

Glad to hear you're home! We debated crashing at Mom & Dad's when we heard there was a good chance of a massive power outage, but wound up being detained until the snow really started coming down so we just stayed put. It's probably for the best, considering Mom & Dad's house is now pretty full!