Monday, December 15, 2008

Dallas Loves Being a Big Brother

Well, I guess I can't say that for sure because I haven't asked him.

Dallas loves to say "hi" to Chelane (and he actually says "hi" with the wave now) and cuddle by her when she is on the floor.

Chelane loves having people around, she is very social. She cries if you leave her in a room by herself when she is awake, but once you walk back in eye-shot, the crying stops and smiles ensue. Since she loves to have someone nearby and Dallas likes to sit close to her and look at her it works out nicely.

The other night Dallas was sitting next to Chelane. Without warning he grabbed her around the middle and *tried* to roll her over onto his tummy. She is getting a little too big for Dallas to move around easily. Cam and I got the hint though and let Dallas have some supervized holding time.

He kept trying to hold her steady by putting his hands on her face and across her head. We quickly corrected that and showed him how to hold her at a less fragile part, the torso.

All right, I think I have delayed long enough... back to packing!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I don't think your kids could possibly be any cuter. Can't wait until I have them all to myself EVERY DAY (mwah ha ha ha)

Vivian said...

You & Cam make pretty cute kids. Again, we seriously can't wait til you guys are here!

megandjon said...

thanks for the comment Kassie! I enjoy reading about Dallas's antics because it makes me look forward to when my little guy gets up to shenanigans like that too!

and can i say i'm a little jealous that you are moving to the land of rain? i am super happy here in utah, and nearly all my fam and loved ones are here, so i would have a horrible time leaving. that being said, i miss western washington every day of my life! nothing compares!