Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Recooperation

It has been a long while since the last post. I apologize. Cam and I took the kids up to Vanderhoof, British Columbia for Christmas. It was pretty cold, and "warmed-up" to about 20 degrees F near the end of the visit (it had been negative 20 degrees near the time we arrived). Cam's sister had a snowsuit and gloves her boys had outgrown so Dallas was able to go sledding and play in the abundant snow.

Cam took Dallas outside to play, did odd jobs for his parents around the house, took the kids and me around to visit his friends, and participated in a basketball tournament at his old high school. The tournament was all alumni (or current faculty) and the current varsity team. The alumni were split into three groups: the fresh out of high school (I am guessing 20 and under), Cam's age (20-30ish), and the well experienced (30+). They did a "round robin" thing (so each team played 3 games, one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening) with and hour or so break in between. Dallas, Chelane and I made it to the 4th quarter on of each game and sometimes saw the whole 2nd half. Well, Cam's team went undefeated. It seemed that they had pretty steady energy and most other teams peaked around half-time and peetered out by the end. Anyway Cam seemed to have lots of fun at his old stomping ground.

I spent most of the time sewing. I made Dallas some PJ's (Cam's mom did the arms for me though), and 3 flannel blankets for Chelane. Cam's mom made Dallas a stick horse head (that we still need to stuff and put on a stick). We also managed to find Cam's old teddy bear and stuffed monkey named "Chee-Chee" that Cam's mom generously fixed up and laundered till they looked practically new (I took them home with us).

Dallas spent lots of time playing with his five and three year-old boy cousins that live close by and exploring the basement of the house. We didn't bring a booster seat for him so I am sad to say he lived off of cereal for most of the vacation (it was impossible to make him sit for an extended period of time and eat). He also started to sing along with hymns at church (before you get too excited let me tell you he isn't saying any lyrics or even staying with the melody, he just sort of sustains a note...)

Chelane was held and fought over by uncles and aunts and grandma and kept mostly indoors and wrapped in blankets.

I am sure I will take and post some pictures soon, but for now we are still trying to get settled in and I need to clean out the camera... we don't have a memory stick so I holds about ten photos...

No comments: