Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sanctity of Human Life Day

I meant to do this post on Sunday or even before to give everyone a heads up, sorry I didn't get to it! I don't know how many people heard about President Bush proclaiming this past Sunday as "Sanctity of Human Life Day" but he did. He made, what I feel, was a very moving yet short talk with his announcment. It use to be on the Whitehouse press release page but since Obama moved in it has been moved or deleted. Luckily I found his full text on another page. As you could guess it has gotten pro-choice people up in a huff and proclaiming that Bush has "waged a war against women" during his presidency.

As a woman I don't feel threated by Bush, in fact women that don't exercise enough self control to not have unprotexcted sex and decide they can fix their "mistake" by killing a human, disgust me. Twisting it and saying a human fetus isn't a human and given that "inalienable right" to life until it is out of the womb or wanted is ridiculous. Of course there are exceptions: rape and the mother being endangered by the pregnancy, are the most prominent in my mind. There are so many adoption agencies and other provisions to allow mothers to give up their babies after birth, why is there a need to destroy them instead?

I know this is quibbling about opinions and I don't mean to offend anyone, this is something I feel strongly about. I think Sanctity of Life Day is a worthy cause and look forward to see if it is honored in the future (probably not though, huh?).

2 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, I sure hope so Kassie. Thank you for sharing this.

Unknown said...

All I have to say is: AMEN! The majority of women feel like we do. I am really tired of the minority getting their way and the rest of us get tossed aside because our beliefs and feelings are not popular. I always thought the popular thought or vote was what the majority felt or wanted. I could go on and on, but thanks for the thought provoking blog!