Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stagnant

I really hate when blogs get to be more than a week old. I read many friends blogs and frankly get annoyed if there is nothing new for a while (*cough* Christine *cough*). While I was thinking about this today I realized MY last blog post wasn't very recent itself, so to avoid being a hypocrite and annoying myself I decided I should write something intelligent, witty, and above all engrossing for all my blog readers... but I couldn't come up with anything.

Cam is still waiting to hear back from job applications. He is thinking (I think he is thinking at least, sometimes it is hard to tell with him... and sometimes his opinions and plans change quickly... sometimes I wonder if he is pregnant... oh shoot, where was I? Oh yes...) of applying with the Washington State Patrol (WSP) again (he applied back before Dallas was born while we were living in Utah but they somehow missed that he was out of state so we never got the info packet that he needed and it turned out to be a big mess so Cam just said "no" and focused on something else), but he needs his discharge papers from the Army reserve and we just found the form that he needs to fill out to request it. Average response time is 2.9 weeks, but that is including all the really, really old forms from before the 70's that they have to dig up. Hopefully the response time will only be a week or two. I guess if he doesn't end up wanting to apply with the WSP having his papers isn't a bad thing anyway; who knows, other employers may want the papers too.

I have applied for two positions with the Kent School District, both para-educator positions. I have to go through some tests and classes and who-knows-what-else to actually teach and I don't know if that is what I want to do anyway *sigh*. I just finished filling out an application that I will probably go drop off or mail tomorrow for the Auburn School District (again para-educator).

Yeah, I know, this is all over stimulating to the point of unconsciousness.

Dallas on the other hand is making some progress in social abilities since we moved up to the great Northwest. We went to Grandma's "Moving and Grooving" class at the Children's Therapy Center last Friday (and will be going again this Friday, it is an every Friday sorta thing). They have a play-time then a singing-time then another play-time followed by a group activity. At the end of the first play-time Dallas had some reluctance to put the toys away and go sit in the circle. At the end of the second play-time he picked up and walked himself over to the circle to do the group activity without any prompting. Yesterday we went to a story-time (that really wasn't a story-time, it was an activity reserved by some mother-group, but they let us stay anyway) at the Maple Valley Library and Dallas would get up and dance with the other kids at appropriate times and then come back to sit with me. He still doesn't obey all the time and he still has some fits, but the kids is improving lots.

Chelane is a talking machine. I think her and Dallas will probably progress with their talking together (I believe she will be an early talker). She is babbling up a storm in her crib right now actually, and the babbling is getting progressivily more annoyed sounding... I think she may be hungry so I should probably get on that...

5 comments:

Jen said...

Totally OT, but I sent you a text last night letting you know I just made a huge batch of my not-quite-famous chili... based on the non-committal response, though I suspect it was intercepted by Cam. If you come here to eat it I'll even make my almost-but-not-quite-as-famous-as-my-chili corn dumplings. :)

Karma said...

It sounds like you're having alot of fun un washington...without me *sigh*. O well. I'll get over after a few decades of therapy. But seriously, keep your blog updated so I know what's going on in your life (or you could alwasys call me and talk in person, but I know how difficult that can be with two kids).

Cam said...

wait i thought the text was for me :(

Christine said...

Ok, I know I'm a loser blogger as of late, but honestly, I was working on my resolutions and it was taking me a while - I had to work on it in chunks. I guess I could have posted something silly to appease you...

I just want to say though that I go through withdrawals when I don't see anything posted from all of my friends too, so I understand. I'll post more - I promise! :)

Anyway, there's a big one there now for you to read - try not to get too bored. =/

Mary said...

Hmmm... I think moving back to Washington would be good for my social abilities, as well. yay for play time!