First of all Cam took the day off to go in for some dentist work at 9 in the morning. He needed a bit of work done (why not take advantage of the dental insurance we may not have for a while, right?) and they estimated 4 hours. They gave him a pill to take an hour before he went in and would "administer more as needed." It is basically a sedative that would make him loopy enough to pass out during the work. Well, I went down to Provo to hang out with Karma for a while before she had class and when 1 o'clock rolled around I went to get Cam from the dentist.
The dentist work went fine but, oh boy, was Cam out of it. His speech was very slurred, he talked very quietly, his eyes were never more than half open, and he would take long pauses while talking to you or take a long while before answering any questions. He insisted that he could get himself in the house and upstairs by himself, that I should just take care of the kids (after I let him go by himself and read the post-operation stuff I found out I should always hold his arm while he walks and help him upstairs if stairs aren't completely avoidable... oops, I am glad he didn't hurt himself).
I let him sleep until about 6 then woke him up to eat something and see what he wanted me to make/get for him (he wanted a smoothie and me to make pudding) I also told him I was going out for a few hours, Dallas was getting ansy (I wouldn't let him in the room with Daddy while he was sleeping and that is where the TV is, so he was watching movies on the computer when he wanted too, and he just had too much energy for me to keep up with him). So I fed Chelane, left Cam (who was seeming a little less drugged), and navagated out of the neighborhood full of early trick-or-treaters to go to the nearest large store that had the best possibility of entertaining me for at least an hour and a half: Wal*mart.
If anyone is wondering the best time of the year to go to Wal*mart, it is Halloween night. The parking lot (which I haven't seen less than half empty before no matter when I come) was only about 10 cars deep, they didn't have many registers open but I still only waited for 2 minutes to get to the front of a line. We did a little shopping, purused the DVD's, called Karma to see if she wanted to come up and hang out with me (I needed non-drugged adult contact) and people watched. Like I said, there weren't many people at Wal*mart, but almost all the people that were there (including employees) were dressed up in honor of the holiday. I came across one person dressed up (well make-up'd) like the Joker in "Dark Knight" and the resembalance was pretty scary. I actually tracked him down after I passed him and asked if I could take a picture, unfortunatly the camera on my phone isn't very good and the lens is dirty so all my pictures come out grainy and unclear, but here is the picture anyway (I sorta think the bad-ness of the camera adds to the affect (or is that effect?)).

When I got home around 8 Cam was asleep again and I woke him up to administer the smoothie (I had gotten a smoothie too which Dallas took the lid off while I was tending to Cam and knocked on the floor... so I ended up with half a smoothie). Then Karma called me and told me her tentative Halloween plans had fallen through and to come get her for the weekend (yippee!).
I left the house close to 9 to go get her and navigated through the mostly deserted neighborhood (I guess when you have small kids the night ends early) to kidnap Karma from Provo. And by the time we got back Cam was almost completly normal... Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
Well, I promise next Halloween will be much more exciting for all of you - if nothing else you can come celebrate it with us! Hope you and Karma had a fun weekend - I'm glad she could keep you company some while Cam's recuperating (that sounded like some major dental work he had going on!)
I wish I could have seen Cam during this!
Ouch - I highly dislike dental work.
That guy is rather creepy in the Wal*Mart ~ I think I might have freaked out if I came around the corner and saw him.
I DO hope you have a better Halloween next year and I would be thrilled if you came to Dane and Jen's extravaganza...it was a blast! (of course, I'm assuming that I'm invited again next year)
Post a Comment