Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Got A Job

So for those of you that don't know, I got a job as a paraeducator with the Auburn school distirct. It is 8:55-3:55 (I was thinking it would be more part-time than that, but oh well) until the end of the school year. So Cam is going to do the stay at home thing. So *sigh* I had to start pumping again and, since I found out I got the job at 4pm on Friday and I start Monday, we haven't had much time to introduce Chelane to a bottle. The two times we have tried, she seems to take it just fine, but may need faster flowing nipples (the bottle puts her to sleep... so weird, with Dallas it was the other way around).

I still don't know exactly what I will be doing with the job, but it is money which is something we need pretty badly right now. I am a little bummed out to be leaving my babies all day but at least they will be with their dad. Oh also the school is Chinook Elementary which is down by Mucklshoot on Auburn-Enumclaw road, so a bit of a drive.

Hopefully by the end of the school year Cam will have a job with the Washington State Patrol (we mailed in the application this last week) and will be heading out to training or something like that. Although I have stopped trying to set up "best case scenarios" or "what Kassie would really like to happen" in my head because when they don't happen I get all stressed out, and that isn't good for anyone!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations on your job! Though I know how torn you must be over having to leave your babies. I will also miss library days with you - we'll have to set something up in the evenings because right now I'm just not seeing enough of you :(

Let me know if you need any help at all with childcare - I'd be happy to do whatever I can. Love you!

Karma said...

Congrats on getting a job. That's a huge accomplishment considering today's economy. That's kind of crazy tht they expect you to start on Monday though. O well, at least you got the job. You'll have to keep me posted as to how it works out.

Cam said...

Just call me Mr. Mom

Kassie said...

So the job doesn't really start until the 24th apparently (there was a miscommunication between the district office and the school). But I will be in a 3-4-5 grade class with nine students and a teacher and another para. Should be fun!

Christine said...

I'm so happy for you, a bit sad for me (I think it's ok to be selfish once in a while), but honestly happy for you. I hope that you just love your job - that would make it a bit more bearable to leave your kids each day.

I echo Jen though - I was really looking forward to more library days with you, but will just have to make that much more of an effort to get together. =)

Vivian said...

Congrats on the job! Or at least one of you were able to find a job with everything that's been happening. It's always nice to see the hubbies home with the kids. It's a great growth experience on all sides - 1) you'll have opportunity to have some social outlet that didn't include your children 2) Cameron will have the opportunity to strengthen his relationship with Dallas & Chelane and vice versa, and 3) You & Cam both will have an appreciation of the different roles you are not having to fill.

Definitely keep us posted on the job & Cam's stay-at-home experiences! It should be fun.

Tara said...

Good luck! That must be so hard! I wish I could help out!