Friday, February 20, 2009

Something New, Something Old...

Dallas has been reacquainted with some favorite pastimes and acquired some new, odd habits since we moved in with Grandma and Grandpa.

First, is being reacquainted with his jumper. We bought this thing when Dallas was barely three months old after I had to endure an hour of church constantly bouncing Dallas, his legs extended, up and down on my lap. The jumper lights up and plays music when you bounce in it and the first time Dallas caused that music to start you would have thought he was in heaven. He used it faithfully (mostly ignoring the activity bar) until he got too big and we had to retire it.

Chelane is now big enough for the jumper and started showing some interest in bouncing up and down, so we fished the box out of the garage. She enjoys the activity bar more than jumping, though. Apparently Dallas recognized his long lost favorite toy and helped himself...



At least it seems to be entertaining Chelane...

We have also decided that Dallas must be related to some sort of hibernating animal. It started with not letting go of a Buzz Lightyear toy, he found in Jadon's room, when going to bed and escalated to wanting every stuffed toy that was upstairs in bed with him. Then it morphed into a random assortment of "stuff" he dug out of drawers in the room he is sleeping in.


In this bed (that he had been sleeping in) are: a stuffed tweety bird, a pocket knife attached to a flint and steel, a clump of embroidery floss, a half finished embroidery project, Chee-chee (Cam's old stuffed monkey), a plastic colored pencil box, and Dallas's photo album...

3 comments:

Karma said...

Hey! That's my "half-finished embrodery project!" Other than that, his new habit is extremely adorable. I remember going through the "every stuffed animal needs to be in bed with me cause I don't want to hurt any of their feelings" phase.

Vickie said...

I did the same thing. I have pictures of me as a child surrounded by stuffed animals (most of which are now on top of the dresser in Jadon's room). I remember rotating which ones were next to me so they wouldn't think I was playing favorites or get upset because they didn't get a turn.

Kassie said...

Oh cute, his latest thing is stuffing all the animals (and assorted objects) under the bed next to him so he can pull out whichever animal/toy he wants. I pulled all the animals out this Saturday and pushed his bed in more so he can't access under the bed anymore tho :(