Friday, March 20, 2009

Adventures Of A Stay At Home Daddy

Cam is taking many cute pictures during the day (while I am at work) and showing them to me when I get home. I get to hear very cute stories narrated by Cam, but then it is up to me to upload the pictures and re-write the stories. Apparently I don't have enough to do already...

So, since Cam won't post I will make up funny things about him too...

Dallas has figured out how to open the child safety handle on the door at the top at the top of the stairs. Since then Dallas has had unsupervised excursions to the lower levels of the house. Dallas found his way back up with a band-aid over his owie... well sort of over his owie.


In this picture you can see where his owie really is. No one told Dallas the adhesive part of the band aid isn't suppose to cover the cut. I am sure it felt very nice when Cam pulled it off.

Cam was preparing for the worse when he went back downstairs. The band-aids are kept in my parent's bathroom and heaven knows Dallas likes to make messes. Interestingly enough the bathroom was clean and the all but one of the band-aid pieces were in the garbage. Dallas had a mission to get a band-aid and wasn't distracted or tempted by other downstairs oddities... or so we thought.

After I got home from work Cam told me the cute band-aid story and showed me the candid shots he took. Later I was downstairs helping Dad put away some groceries. We had to make some room in the fridge for a huge Costco chicken pot pie. I was on my knees crouched over the bottom shelf when my eyes wandered to the bottom shelf in the fridge door where mom keeps her yoplait light yogurt. Can you guess?


Dallas had (apparently) taken out the 5 yogurts one-by-one, taken off the lids, stowed the lid garbage neatly behind the soy sauce, vinaigrette salad dressings, and lemon juice in the above shelf and replaced the now capless yogurt into their proper places.

Since they had only been capless for a few hours we just all pitched in and ate one at huge personal sacrifice... Do I need to even say that we all fought over who got to eat the key lime pie one? Even Dallas did his part. I figure one thing of yogurt containing aspertain won't kill him.

Needless to say Dad (and kids) are surviving this interesting switch in rolls.

6 comments:

Karma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karma said...

Sorry, the fort time I published this message there were a lot of spelling errors, so I had to correct it...

WOW, I'm not sure if I find it incredible that he's so sneaky (and clean) or fairly scary. I'm still amazed he had the dexterity to take the caps off (I'm also confused as to why, out of all the fun and messy things in the fridge, he would go after the yogurt). I miss that little trouble-maker.

Also, if I had been there, I totally would have taken the key lime pie yogurt while no one was looking. Haha.

Karma said...

"The fort time"...Whatever. I'm tired and apparently incapable of spelling anything correctly right now. Sorry. I will now stop litering your comment board with my incoherent messages.

Kassie said...

<3

megandjon said...

oh that is so funny about the yoplait! kids do the funniest little things!

and what a self-sufficient little cutie, gettin the bandaid and putting it on himself!

Jen said...

Still totally cracking up over the yoplaits. What a sneaky kid!