Sorry, I meant to tell you last Wednesday morning but the conversation moved on before I got to it. Go Dog, Go! was the very first book I ever learned to read on my own and therefore has a special place in my heart, so I know it was written by P.D. Eastman...
Ok, this is funny. One of the kids had a Dr. Seuss thing at their school one year where they had to bring a Dr. Seuss book to class. I grabbed Go Dog, Go! and had it out on the counter to send with him, when my eyes landed on the author. I think it's the writing style and the artwork or something - it just looks like a Dr. Seuss book.
Anyway, I was glad I noticed and sent a correct replacement.
Huh. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't by Dr. Suess, but I've always assumed it was. And, Jenni's comment made me feel like a huge jerk. Go Dog, Go! was the first book I learned to read also, but I've never given a second thought as to who was responsible for me joining the literate world.
3 comments:
Sorry, I meant to tell you last Wednesday morning but the conversation moved on before I got to it. Go Dog, Go! was the very first book I ever learned to read on my own and therefore has a special place in my heart, so I know it was written by P.D. Eastman...
Ok, this is funny. One of the kids had a Dr. Seuss thing at their school one year where they had to bring a Dr. Seuss book to class. I grabbed Go Dog, Go! and had it out on the counter to send with him, when my eyes landed on the author. I think it's the writing style and the artwork or something - it just looks like a Dr. Seuss book.
Anyway, I was glad I noticed and sent a correct replacement.
Huh. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't by Dr. Suess, but I've always assumed it was. And, Jenni's comment made me feel like a huge jerk. Go Dog, Go! was the first book I learned to read also, but I've never given a second thought as to who was responsible for me joining the literate world.
Post a Comment