This job is totally going to cramp my blog writing, I can already tell...
We all seems to be adjusting well. I am really enjoying my work. I only do any one thing for an hour tops so the day is split up nicely. Everything goes by quickly. The kids are great and the school is full of nice, positive, accepting people. Anyway I don't notice how much I miss my lil'uns until I get home and see their faces/cuddle with them.
Cam seems to be enjoying being home with the kids for the most part. He also admits it is making him try to find things to do to help out around the house more. This is all probably a good thing since it looks like I maybe teaching fulltime next year (if I can get my WA certification and someone will hire me that is, Auburn District does have a high school and middle school opening so hopefully the odds are good).
Chelane is stilljust as happy as ever. Someone at church this past Sunday asked me how old she was, when I responded "5 months" (which I think I can safely say now that we are into March) he said "oh so she is still keeping you up at night." That is when I got to thinking, yet again, how blessed I am to have had two really good sleepers. Since I have to deal with any mid-night problems, working could be very hard if she wasn't snoozing for 6-8 hours a night. I am also really blessed to have Uncle Jadon around. He keeps her entertained like it is nobody's business. I don't think I mentioned when she started laughing. I got her to do it really once right around four months and never again. I have tried acting silly, tickling, eating her tummy - you know, all the tricks. But Saturday Jadon was jumping around (or something, I was downstairs) and Chelane was laughing up a storm... I guess I am just not that funny...
I actually find that I have more patience with Dallas after being gone all day and after being at school all day I find I want to do productive activities with him (reading, puzzles, colors, drawing, etc.). We read Go Dog Go tonight and Dallas really got into it (and signed along since I was signing some of the words - he also said "go" a lot). After we were done he was asking for the book again, I don't know why I didn't think of Dr. Seuss books earlier...
Oh, that was another things I was going to mention, I don't think I would have known that March 2nd was the birthday of Dr. Seuss if I wasn't working at an elementary school, but most teachers revolve their whole day around something Seuss-like. With all the rhyming there is a lot to do with "word families" and the longer stories have pretty deep things to talk about. Dr. Seuss sure was one smart cookie.
2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy your job. I wish we lived near Jadon cuz he gets the same reaction from Adalyn whenever he's around!
My fave Dr. Seuss book of all time is the Butter Battle Book. I read it when I was second grade (I think?) when we were still in the middle of the Cold War, and I remember thinking "this dude so has it going on." Or, at the very least I actually made the correlation between what was going on in the world and the moral of the story.
I also LOVE the Sneetches... overall, I just love the fact that his stories are so entertaining and yet have so many layers. Kind of like onions. ;)
Post a Comment