In the Auburn School District benefits kick in the 1st of the month after you have worked ten days. I only worked four days in Febraury so I have been waiting ALL March for the 1st of April and my dental benefits to kick in.
I had a filling fall out in the back of my mouth in December. It really hadn't been that bad until the end(ish) of February but has been steadily getting worse and more sensetive. I can't eat cold cereal because the cold milk ends up in every nook and crany of my mouth and I have massive sensitivity issues. Also food loves to get stuck in that gaping chasm in my mouth. I use to be able to play with it with my tongue and stuck the inside of my check and that would remove alot of stuck food. Now sucking the inside of my mouth causes a huge pain in my tooth (and jaw. It has gotten bad enough that I have to be careful how badly I suck my spit together before I swallow... I know you really didn't want to hear that but, too bad, you got to anyway.) Floss does jack, and a tooth brush doesn't do too much either. The best I can do is swish with body temperature water (it can't be too cold or too hot or it hurts).
So imagine my elation when APRIL finally rolls around. Well my health card arrived promptly on the 1st but nothing from the dental company... so I email the person in HR that deals with benefits. They gist of her response was to wait until the end of the month and then call if I hadn't gotten my card; they usually tell new employees not to expect to schedule anything the first month of having their benefits because it takes a while to get new employees in their systems. Well I wasn't taking that. I had already waited a month and I had those benefits NOW dang it! It wasn't the end of the month yet but I want that root canal ASAP (never thought you would hear someone who wanted a root canal, did you?)
I called the dental company Friday after school. I wasn't in the system yet... but my name was on the new list they got from the school district that day. The operator quickly put me in the system and transfered me over to make an appointment. I go in Wednesday morning for my new patient exam and hopefully I can get the root canal soon thereafter; both of my back teeth are shot all to heck I fear. I will let you know if a root canal is all I hope and dream it will be...
2 comments:
Thought I'd comment on this post just so that you wouldn't think I was commenting just because you made a post about commenting. So there =P
Acutally I was sorta hoping that post would lead people to comment on the other posts (just like you did!). However I was hoping the comments would be relavent to the posts...
Post a Comment