The only tub in Cam's parents' house is in his parents' bathroom (notice I said tub not shower or bathroom apparently that point had my father confused when I told him this story; and, since I usually credit him to being an intelligent man, I decided it could be a common misconception and I should clarify on that point to avoid confusion). From the room we were living in it is down some stairs, through the kitchen, and down the hall. At bath time we would usually undress the kiddos in the hallway; and when they were squeaky clean we would run them, wrapped in towels, to our room.
During one of Cam's long days I was bathing the kids (it must have been Wednesday; Wednesday has long been "bath day" around here, and by "around here" I mean while being apart of Cam and mine's family, because it isn't like we have stayed in any one place long enough to refer to it as "around here"... anyway I digress). I couldn't very well carry both kids upstairs and I didn't want to leave one in the tub, so I relied on Dallas' listening/obeying skills and asked him to follow me upstairs. He didn't reach the room with me, but I thought "Grandpa is downstairs, how much trouble could he get into?" So I dried and dressed Chelane and came back downstairs for the Dallas.
Well he wasn't in the kitchen, or down the hall, or in the bathroom, or in the living room with Grandpa... And his blue crocs were gone. I asked Grandpa where he went and he pointed to the front door. I looked out the window and there he was, with his blue crocs on (at least he put shoes on to cover his clean feet) and his towel slung over his back leaving him in view of the world, playing in Grandma's garden.
Like a good Mom I ran upstairs to grab the camera before calling him inside to keep him from getting too cold. Future blackmailing pictures > kids well-being.

And so I give to you Dallas climbing back onto the porch, sporting his blue crocs and matching blue towel.
2 comments:
That is so funny! And what was Grandpa thinking? I'm not being critical, my husband would probably have let him do the same thing. Men are so funny sometimes!
I was thinking "and you didn't stop him?!" myself at the time. But now that you mention it, I think Cam would have let him outside too...
Post a Comment