Something I love to do is walk in nature. I am not too fond of taking walks around a neighborhood; I would rather look at flowers and trees than houses and cars. An advantage to being in Vanderhoof was the abundance of nature. Just looking out the window we would see fields and forests, not to mention horses and the occasional coyote (or coyote pack, no joke we had 4 of them walking along the house fence once).
The kids and I went on a two walks together. The first time was September 14th. Cam had been working a week already of 10+ hour days. I got a little stir crazy once and a while so I decided to go on a walk along the horse/ATV/farm-truck road (or dirt path) that paralleled the highway into town, but first we had to go down the 1/2 mile driveway.

Above is a picture of the driveway that I took while I was bored of waiting for this:

Or this:

There is something very interesting about grass to a toddler... it may be that it was taller than he was.

Chelane and I on this adventure:

She was happy some of the time, see? Well maybe "happy" is too strong a word... she didn't look like she was ready to kill the photographer during the whole walk...

We did eventually leave the driveway, which is more than I can say on any other walk. This is a view of a field by the highway. When we left in late October is was housing cows.

Dallas showcasing his amazing stay-with-mommy skills. He has ran away from me in Target since we have been back, I had to go collect him from Customer Services... (You can see the cars on the highway to the right, don't worry there was a big ditch between us and them).

Funny story behind this next picture. I took it, looked at the screen, and decided to zoom in (so you could actually see Dallas, he is that speck in the wheel path). When I held the camera back up and zoomed in I couldn't see Dallas anywhere, then I heard him crying. He had fallen out of the wheel path and into the bushes and brambles off to the side; he couldn't stand back up. I had to fish him out.
If you would like more Canada posts just say so, or tell me you don't... whatever. It doesn't matter though, you will still get them muh-hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment