Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shoe Shopping

We went shoe shopping today mainly for me and Chelane, but Dallas got a pair of the next size up too. We needed to find some type of shoe Chelane couldn't just pull off her foot willy-nilly like all the other cute Mary-Jane-type shoes we tried in the past, and we found some really cute, gender-neutral, black, converse-y like high tops.

My eyes were pulled to some girly - but not too girly - brown dress shoes; and I decided black converses wouldn't be so appropriate for church, no matter what Karma may say to the contrary. So I tried them on Chelane's foot. Chelane regarded the beige sandal-like shoes with no apparent interest and immediately pulled some shiny, black, slightly-heeled, strap-around-the-ankle dress shoes (in her size) off the shelf and handed them to me. She watched as I put them on and giggled in delight seeing them on her feet.

I had to go talk to Dallas about his shoes and left Cam to finish with Chelane. Cam and I talked back and forth down the aisle; we agreed we should get the brown shoes: they would stay on better, wouldn't show scuffs as easily, and I thought they would match more. Well they cost the same so Cam and I decided to let Chelane choose. She chose the shiny, patent black shoes... twice.

I took her with me to my area of the shoe store where she started pulling out shiny red shoes. Apparently I had a real girl with a shoe fetish and all.

No comments: